Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break! + Graduation and More Poker Looming

Since I last posted 17 days ago I haven't had the time to play a single hand of poker. I spent the last weekend in February down in Mardi Gras celebrating the bachelor party of my high school friend Brandon alongside some other high school friends. It was a blast catching up and ridiculously good time as we were pretty much on the drinks on Bourbon Street for all but a few of 48 straight hours.

This past weekend I went up to Williamsburg, VA to visit my mom for her birthday. My sister Heather and my brother-in-law Ben made the trip as well. We had a good time checking out some of the local restaurants and bars and got a chance to check out Scorcese's Shutter Island on Sunday night.

I've been grinding hard in classes all week trying to put together this long typed paper on Skype and the rest of the VoIP industry. Somewhat interesting stuff, but I'm glad it's over as it's one of the last couple of major projects I have before I graduate 58 days from now. Classes as a whole are going just fine, and I'm anxiously awaiting May 8th as it will obviously be one of the most exciting days of my life.

As I type this Spring Break at The University of Alabama has just begun. My plans are to head down to central Florida with my Dad this weekend for our 3rd annual Spring Training baseball trip. This year my Dad and I will catch 3 games at 3 different stadiums in 3 days as we work towards eventually having visited every spring training stadium. We'll see the Astros @ the Blue Jays in Dunedin, the Pirates @ Red Sox in Fort Myers, and then the Red Sox @ the Twins in Fort Myers as well. I'm greatly looking forward to it. We fly out at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning. From Florida, I'll head back to Birmingham for a couple days before flying into Austin, TX Wednesday where I'll spend my second consecutive spring break. Adam Geyer lives there and we're gonna celebrate St. Patrick's Day and take in the music/film festival that is South By Southwest.

I'm really, really looking forward to the opportunity to play a lot more poker in the very near future. While I'll be busy for the rest of March and April, May will be jam packed with poker. I have just two final exams (both on Monday May 3), and then I'll literally be waiting around my apartment for 5 days to graduate, so I'll be grinding all of the high stakes Pokerstars SCOOP events. I'll take the Saturday off for the ceremony, but then I'll get right back on it for the 7 of the next 8 days (I'm in a wedding the next Saturday) until the series ends. Then, I'll likely go down to New Orleans for the $5k WSOP circuit event, take a few days off, and then head to Las Vegas for the 2010 World Series of Poker.

I currently have no idea what my plans are after graduation. I was intending on buying a house (somewhere) this semester but I've been entirely too busy to do much more than browse the internet for a couple of hours. I don't really want to rush into anything, so I'll likely just wait until after the WSOP so I can be stress-free and play my best poker, and then I'll figure shit out when it's over.

That's all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment